Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wow what a month of craziness.  August and July were busy trying to clean up apartments and get them ready for new tenants.  I have had my share of cleaning toilets and tubs.  Dave assures me that this will be the last time because next year he wants to move out before the big rush in August.   One thing I have liked about the job is that  I'm a perfectionist in most things I think and I feel like I have conquered that especially when I was cleaning the apartments and would do as much as I could and then just say well at least it looks better then before.  Last year that wasn't me I would clean and clean until I would cry and stress trying to make it look brand new and you can't because everything here is old.  Another thing I realized is how much I love my kids.  When I would get so stressed out I would go in Drew's room look out the window and eventually both kids would follow and I would just watch them play and it was like all the stress was escaping.  There lives are so simple and they would laugh about silly things and we would play  and just ignore the constant phone ringing.    

1 comment:

Michael and Rachel said...

Good for you! You deserve a break from the cleaning and to have a nice house to relax and play in.
That's cool that you look at your kids as a way to get out of your stress and not as the cause. (Which I'm sure they can cause stress, but if you can sit and watch and enjoy them, that's pretty good.) :)